Want to join this opportunity ?
That's great but you need to REGISTER or LOGIN to join in the fun.
Reasonable Adjustment & Accessibility Volunteer
The Festivals & Events team sits within the Public Engagement team. We provide volunteers at some of the largest festivals and events throughout the summer season. The successful candidate will play a fundamental role in supporting volunteers as they attend music festivals and events with Oxfam throughout the summer
The Reasonable Adjustment volunteer will assist the Festivals and Events Team in providing support to volunteers with health conditions or disabilities to help make volunteering more accessible for all. You will be dealing with queries, offering advice and working with Festival project managers.
1-2 days per week, this role is office based in Oxfam House however there is some flexibility around the days required. We will also consider half days and this role may even be split over a few different volunteers from the period of March to September.
• Agreed expenses – lunch expenses and reasonable local travel within accordance of Oxfam’s expense policy. Social aspect and the opportunity to attend some of the UK's biggest festivals including Glastonbury.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and being able to deal with sensitive subjects including a commitment to confidentiality
• Very well organised and excellent time management
• IT literate including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Able to work well independently, as well as part of a strong team.
• Compassion and empathy skills when dealing with volunteers.
people,Helping,support,Meeting people,team working,music,festivals
You must be over 18 years old
Applicants will be shortlisted Accessible Expenses Paid
Open from Monday 29th April 2019 to Thursday 31st October 2019
Closing on Friday 31st May 2019 in 41 days.