Want to join this opportunity ?
That's great but you need to REGISTER or LOGIN to join in the fun.
Chair of Trustees of Bridewell Organic Gardens
We wish to recruit a Chairperson (unpaid position) to our Board of Trustees for our registered charity Bridewell Organic Gardens (working name ‘Bridewell Gardens’).
Bridewell Gardens is a mental health charity, founded in 1994, that offers social and therapeutic horticulture to adults living in Oxfordshire. We are a recovery service and as such our aim is to work with people with enduring mental health issues, helping them move forward until they are able to lead more active lives in the wider local community.
Key Responsibilities of the Chair:
To ensure that Bridewell Gardens operates within its charitable objectives.
To work with the General Manager of Bridewell Garderns to provide support and supervision whilst respecting the boundaries that exists between the two roles and to conduct an annual appraisal.
To provide leadership to the charity and the Board of up to 11 Trustees to ensure that Bridewell Gardens has maximum impact for its beneficiaries.
To ensure that Trustees fulfil their duties and responsibilities for the effective governance of Bridewell Gardens and to provide a clear strategic direction.
To plan and chair Trustee meetings effectively and efficiently, bringing impartiality and objectivity to the decision-making process. Board meetings are generally held 4 times a year with additional meetings as and when necessary.
Bridewell Organic Gardens, OX73DT
Bridewell Gardens is a valuable and valued mental health recovery service with a committed and experienced staff team, a fantastic team of garden volunteers and board of trustees. What's not to like!
Qualities and skills of a Chair
We are looking for a person who has:
• An understanding of the impact of mental illness on peoples’ lives
• Knowledge of the voluntary sector and experience of trustee work
• A commitment to Bridewell Garden’s work, the values of the organisation and its objectives
• An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of being the Chair
• Integrity and good, independent judgement
• Knowledge of charity finance and fundraising
• The ability to think creatively and to work effectively as a member of a team
• Commitment to maintain appropriate confidentiality and the principles of equal opportunities
By car to the garden or bus or car to our office in Witney.
You must be over 21 years old
Applicants will be shortlisted Expenses Paid
Open from Tuesday 6th March 2018 to Saturday 1st September 2018
Closing on Saturday 1st September 2018 in 98 days.