This opportunity is now closed
Search for new opportunities
Want to join this opportunity ?
That's great but you need to REGISTER or LOGIN to join in the fun.
Volunteers needed to cheer participants over the finish line and hand out medals - Sense's The RidgeWalk 2018
We are a national charity who work with people who are deafblind or have complex communication needs, supporting them through various channels, including service centres, supported living, colleges and holidays.
Every year we put on an event called The RidgeWalk, where we ask people to walk 52 miles in 24 hours along the Ridgeway path in Oxfordshire and Wiltshire. This is our own bespoke event so we have to organise all the logistics ourselves. We aim to make the finish line as loud as possible and create a real party atmosphere so our walkers know how proud we are of their achievements.
As we are only a small team, we are unable to generate that much of an atmosphere on our own, therefore we are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to come along and help hand out medals and congratulate our participants. The event takes place at Field Farm, Watlington on 10th June and we would need volunteers from around 7am to 2pm.
Any help you would be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. As our participants are asked to raise a minimum of £399 and also walk the 52 miles, we want to give them the best reception possible!
Field Farm, Watlington Road, OX495TT
Lunch, a Sense t-shirt and great challenge event experience!
No formal qualifications required, just be enthusiastic and friendly
- Luxury coaches to London and Oxford straight from Lewknor costing £15.00, taking between 70 and 115 minutes.
- 20 minute walk from finish to the bus stop where coaches are up to every 10 minutes.
- 5 minute drive from Field Farm to the M40.
- 20 minute drive/taxi to Princes Risborough station where there are trains back to London every half an hour, taking around 1 hour.
- 30 minute drive/taxi to Didcot Parkway station where there are trains back to Bristol every hour, taking around 2 ho
charity,event,Events,walking,challenge events,community,Charity,sports,ridgeway,blind,deaf,visually impaired,celebration
You must be over 16 years old
Applicants will be shortlisted
Open from Sunday 10th June 2018 to Sunday 10th June 2018
Sunday, 10 June 2018
Starting at 07:00 for 7 hours